Recently, Jamaican dancehall artiste, Ishawna, has been the center of attention for her song “Equal Rights”. While I am a little late to the dinner party, I thought I would take a bite out of this cake of controversy as this tasty topic is often ignored. The song endorses cunnilingus and clearly indicates that if one expects to ‘receive’, one should also ‘give’. This is a fair point but does one expect a macho Jamaican man to stoop to such levels and openly admit it? Have a listen!
I recall writing an article about this very topic where I interviewed some Jamaican males and some were open to the idea. This indicates the changing views in the Jamaican culture. In the article I noted that a friend of mine was willing to have his name posted, but when the article was published, and friends started mocking him, he messaged me asking to be anonymous. Here is his comment when asked his views on cunnilingus:
Anonymous 4: “Yow pum pum fi eat! Mi naa hide an talk! Das why my girl love me enuh. All when e jaw dem big an yuh…” (he was very descriptive).
The poll at the end of the article had 69% of the respondents (males) supporting cunnilingus. What a coincidence!
Most, however, still oppose openly. Jamaican men are very egocentric and macho, they view oral sex as being degrading and or emasculating. I found this to be particularly true when doing some surveys for the same topic using the female population. Literally every female asked, whether or not they have performed oral sex, support the activity. Why is it that women support the activity but men don’t? Let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of equal rights with regards to oral sex for Jamaican men.
Advantages of supporting Equal Rights:
- Your female partner may finally cum!
- Possible reduced frequency of infidelity.
- You may receive more sex.
- Wetter is better. Foreplay will make sex more enjoyable for females. She doesn’t have to flick it, if you lick it before you kick it.
Disadvantages of supporting Equal Rights:
- Lose respect from your friends. Because, I mean, you HAVE to tell them about it.
- You may bruise your knees.
- Your tongue may get tired.
- If your wife wants to kill you, she may choke you with her thighs.
- Your partner will start to boss you around, you will lose the authority as man of the house and the power of the puss with reign! ha ha ha.
There are no real disadvantages. It all comes down to ego. Whether or not you support it, should be your decision, not society, not friends, not culture. If you don’t agree with it, don’t do it, and don’t ask for it. If you do agree, enjoy your meals.
– Aldeam Facey 2017